Satkhira Medical College (SMC) is a government medical college in Bangladesh, established in 2011. It is located in the south-western city of Satkhira in Khulna Division.
It offers a five-year medical education course leading to an MBBS degree. A one-year internship after graduation is compulsory for all graduates. The degree is recognized by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council.
- 23 July 2010: Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina came Satkhira to visit Cyclone Aila victims and promised to set up a Medical College in Satkhira.
- 6 February 2011: In a conference, the prime minister first publicly committed to Satkhira Medical College.
- 9 August 2011: The name of SMC wa first published in the MBBS admission circular for the session 2011–12.
- 16 October 2011: Satkhira Medical College officially launched. “Birthday” of SMC.(SMC Day)
- 13 January 2012: 1st batch (SMC-01) orientation occurred.
- 23 January 2012: Academic activities of SMC began. “Anniversary of SMC-01.”
- 20 July 2012: The foundation stone of the permanent campus of SMC was laid by former Health Minister Prof. Dr. AFM Ruhul Haque.
- 30 August 2013: Permanent campus was started at Bakal, Satkhira.
- 4 April 2015: Health Minister Mohammed Nasim inaugurated the 500-bed Satkhira Medical College Hospital.
- 22 May 2017: 1st batch started their internship in SMCH.
Address – Bakal Bridge, Satkhira – Kaliganj Hwy, Bangladesh